EWI® of Des Moines participates in the Adult Students In Scholastic Transition (ASIST) program. The purpose of the scholarships is to provide assistance to adults (male and female) in the community who are in transitional situations or who are in need of financial aid in order to further their education. The recipients may select the career path of choice. The criteria to be used to pre-screen the candidates will include financial need, head of household with children, and/or at-risk adult. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Utilize personal assessment and/or re-entry programs available through colleges, community agencies, service groups, or career professionals
- Clearly define career goals and objectives
- Specify the education requirements to attain above goals and objectives
- Provide most recent tax return
- Applicant must be residing in the boundaries of an EWI Chapter. For EWI of Des Moines the boundaries are: Polk, Dallas, Story, and Warren Counties.
Scholarship information for the current year will be posted on the homepage of ewidsm.org, typically in the first quarter of the year. If you know of anyone who may be interested in applying, please direct them to this website for more information.